English unexpected error while communicating with server

Discussion in 'Bugs & Technical help' started by James, Mar 22, 2017.

James

James New Member

the game worked, and now everytime we login we get the above error. have uninstalled and re-installed still to no avail. please advise of a fix
    fsc241

fsc241 New Member

Has this been resolved yet? I tried downloading the game about a month ago, and I got the same thing. Uninstalled it after, and trying again now. Hoping I won't get the same thing again.
    • Synes om Synes om x 1
    TSMChannel

TSMChannel New Member

The problem didn't get fix. Even worst. Now there are problems with the CDN (Contend Delivery Network) Server when trying to download and install the game for the first time.
    installation.png
    • Synes om Synes om x 1
    fsc241

fsc241 New Member

I have a feeling this is NEVER going to get fixed.....and it's very sad if it's true because I would really like to play the game as anyone else would and this is making is impossible......
    • Synes om Synes om x 1
    TSMChannel

TSMChannel New Member

Yup, the issue looks permanent, and it feels like the final nail in the coffin.
    freshniubbo

freshniubbo New Member

Naaaaaa, just remember kids nothing is really dead untill is really buried... I tryed this "procedure" since i had the same problem, and game worked and works awesome to me.

1) mhf installs from default to the first hard drive you have, normally the "c" logic drive. i just transfered the game's directory from c:\user\apex\my horse friends\ (my first hard drive is a ssd internal drive) into my second hard drive, d:\my horse friends (second drive is a "mecanical" hard drive) and i dont used the move command but i copy and pasted the directory.
    2) i runned the "repair tool" after having moved the directory. the process was a bit long so be patience is so...
    3) i changed the passworld with the forum instrument
    4) i reinstalled directx9.0c
    5) i rebooted the pc.

and vualà, game that first didnt run after this "procedure" runned like heaven, and runs now like the first time i started it. Im not a programmer, so dont ask me why or how this "procedure" worked to me, but... it worked, so i hope itll help you all too. see ya!

ps, my pc:
    i7 2600k 3.4 gigahz processor
    motherboard p8p67
    16 gigs ram
    gtx970 4 gigs ram video card
    audio integrated with motherboard
    win 7 64 bit installed with all patches
    kaspersky internet security installed
    yasmin123614

yasmin123614 New Member

mine dose not work :( i am so sad about it can some one help me fix it :(
    Mika

Mika New Member

Help me :(
    it sayin: unexpected error while communicating with server
    Mika

Mika New Member

Kan Inte SPELA :(
    oväntat fel under kommunikation med servern
    TSMChannel

TSMChannel New Member

That still doesn't resolve the issue with connecting to the server and playing the game when login in.
    freshniubbo

freshniubbo New Member

I must admit my "method" wasnt a panacea to all game's problems... perhaps was only luck, who knows... anyway, something looks clear to me:

1) my horse friends runs better in win 7 than other wins. i have installed mhf in win 8 and win 10 too, but those systems gave me more problems than win 7. dont know why...
    2) my horse friens runs better in mechanical disks than ssd ones. with my old ssd disk (before my pc exploded) the game had little frezzes, with my mechanical hd now it runs perfectly without any freeze. but perhaps was my ssd drive to be broken, who knows...
    3) kasperky internet security doesnt interfeer with the program at all... ive tryed some other antivirs but i found antivirs arent the problem at all...
    4) some days game works and runs like heaven, some days i have same problem. Perhaps the game's server from time to time runs overloaded, this must be the reason for the connection issues...
    lilmidget14

lilmidget14 New Member

Yeah mine is given me error has accrued and I'm wondering if it is going to be fixed at all. Also I've missed this game so much
    lilmidget14

lilmidget14 New Member

I get that also
    freshniubbo

freshniubbo New Member

I wasn't able to play this game in ages for now... Its really sad to see greath games like this one dying in such a bad way for a trivial error like that. Pity, it was a good game. Amen:(
    TSMChannel

TSMChannel New Member

Indeed.
    My Horse Friends was an exceptional horse game. You could even say it was ahead of it's time.
    Pity indeed.
    catnipmouse

catnipmouse New Member

Still getting that same error. I think the game is dead.dead.dead.
    TSMChannel

TSMChannel New Member

Yes, it has been abandoned since 2015.
    paninics

paninics New Member

does anyone know why the game isn't working? i used freaking money on this game... -.-
    freshniubbo

freshniubbo New Member

Ok guys, i return with good news. This morning i was very nostalgic and i tryed to start the game and... it worked. I was pretty nervous so i continued to click the left mouse button in the main picture when game was loading and it crashed for some seconds, then continued to load and in the main screen i was able to enter game and play. I restarted the game and the "process" clicking like a fury at the main picture, the game frozed again and then it worked! ^^ I've tryed 6 times this "procedure" and game worked. Maybe was only luck who knows, but if game worked this means that it wasn't abandoned at all!